European Language Stage
Project ¹ 511451-2010-LLP-ES-KA2-KA2MP
The European Language Stage (ESEDI) is a multilateral project which aims to improve teaching and learning foreign languages in Europe through a new didactic approach: a multilingual theatre play. It will be performed in five languages, in training centres in Germany, Spain, France, Bulgaria and Romania, where they have detected difficulties in language learning motivation.
Each event will be written and performed bilingually according to each country combining in all acts Spanish as the common language with their national language.
Each act will reflect different situations that highlight the linguistic and cultural variety of Europe. The main objectives are:
- Enhance students motivation towards foreign language learning;
- Promotion of language and intercultural skills to compete effectively in the global market;
- Promotion of personal fulfilment, social cohesion and active citizenship of participants;
- Highlighting through real-life situations, the language learning difficulties and how to overcome them.
The results we will obtain with ESEDI in the short and long term are:
- Creating a multilingual play, based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) to define the levels of the five languages that will be used: Spanish, French, German, Bulgarian and Romanian;
- Presentations bilingual acts of the play in five countries;
- Publication of the script of the theatre play in five languages;
- DVD with the recording of all actions;
- Publication of a handbook of best practices used during the project;
- Creating a network for the collaboration for future exchanges of students and teachersð etc.
Euroinform is a partner of the Aula Hispanica Company.